Proper Inventory Management is very much essential for
Co-operative societies / departmental stores, etc. Efficient,
integrated and cost-effective software solutions are critical
for Inventory Management.
Point of Sale is Software designed for effective Inventory
Management. This software has a set of processes,
procedures and protocols that are followed in an enterprise,
usually of a sizeable scale, to account for and manage its
inventory, which comprises several transactions, each
performing a special task.
Transaction includes Sale of items, Return of items, Receipt
of items into stores, Corporate Receipt & Item Requisition.
Details and the flow of transaction are as under:
- Quantity to be entered in the Sales window.
- Provision has been made to give discount on the bill
- If the purchaser is a corporate client, the system has the
provision to generate the bill accordingly.
- The amount can be paid in any of the mode such as by cash,
Cheque, DD, Card, etc and details of the instrument can be
entered in the appropriate fields.
- In case the consumer intends to return any of the items, the
same can be done by going to the screen “Sale Return”. The
system updates the stock on acceptance of the item. The
items may be taken back against production of the original
bill to ensure correctness.
- When a corporate client purchases the item, sale proceeds
will be reflected in the books of account only on the date of
actual receipt of the amount.
- Whenever, the vendors supply items, it should be routed
through the window “Item Receipt”. Select the name of the
vendor from the drop down box, the system displays only
those items which the vendor is supplying in question.
- Items supplied by the vendor can be verified with the
respective Purchase Order.
- Provision has been made to enter the particulars of item,
which is getting exhausted. A consolidated report can be
taken at the end of the day to indent for the required items.
This is one of the vital requirements of the software.
Permissions to work on the software can be given by the
Administrator or the person in charge to ensure proper
utilization of the software.
Read; Write permission can be given depending on the user.
Administrator can modify this security based on the necessity.